Wednesday 26 November 2014

A November Thursday Evening

Today, it seems so boring, especially when you have no sorts of fun and enjoyment at weekend. Suddenly, an incident flashed onto my mind; it was about 13th November 2014, my dad’s birthday. I’ve been planning for that day, since some days; when his date of birth sparkled to my brain. I was very keen and excited, but being a teenager, I couldn’t do much for him. So, at last, but not the least, I decided to compose for a rhyme for him.
The following were engraved onto paper by my hands:-

“To the most loving and caring,
In whose memory, blessings to god for my wellness lay,
Who always dreams to see me happy and laughing,
To that great man, it’s my fortune to say—
In this winter night; when winds are crept chilling,
With warm wishes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.”

At about 2130 hours, when my homework and some learning had quite finished, I decided to post that to his timeline, as, you know, I was quite a bit shy, presenting that thing straight forward to him.
When I demanded his iphone, -as my PC had been quite offended- his first question, at the moment of my request was, “why do you want this? It seems only for the wastage of time; that doesn’t fits well to the frame for a student, like you. Tell me what’s the matter; if it seems genuine, that would be handover to you. But first, give me the reason.”
Hearing this, my heart’s island that was being blessed by the gentle ray of hope and happiness were seemed to disappear off from eyes, as now clouds of doubts seems to snatch that light; and from them, rains of despair and lose were glancing; preparing to fall as aggressively- for to be sculptured into a tornado that could destroy the shore off, leaving all my dreams broken and all my faith; shattered.
But, I can’t blame him- or anyone in this world- but I want to thank god, so as he gave to me, someone that cares so to me, of whose love and affection had so far been protecting me from the evils of this world, and in whose shade I’d been my life with all greatest pleasures, acquiring all the wishes and happiness that exist.
But still, I can’t wind up the needed courage and ability to reply genuinely to his question, but with a burning desire, to at least wish him through my rhyme, my mind went busy after thinking; for a couple of seconds, and I said, “it’s a matter of great deal, papa. I’d to hangout with some very important tasks, that I can’t tell you now, but you would soon know, what the matter all about is.”
My dad, being well aware of my habit of asking his phone and then being busy for a great deal of time, in chatting, hangouts with friends, updating status, and all sorts of things, replied in an elderly manner, “You doesn’t seems to make a good use of assets.” After saying this, he went on to sleep; for the wall clock was ticking around 11 PM on its face, the time had became of taking a long nap, especially when someone got tired from the great deal of work involved.
Then, the scene went awkwardly changed, I tell, I used to be quite a bit emotional, I was very keen to wish him through virtual world, but now, it can’t be done, just ‘cause I’ve not told him the reason for my demand. My father is an awesome person; his innocence, attitude, personality, just can’t be described in any book in words; through any pen.
But sometimes, my mind seems to become more than “enough” emotional; I became sad of that incident, as I can’t wish birthday to the person I loved most. I straight went on for a sleep. In that solitary, dark room, I was laid flat on the bed, trying to stop my emotions to come out as tears off my eyes. After a minute or two, I felt someone’s touch, I rubbed off tears from my eyes and then imitated as if I had slept. Then someone woke me up; it was my dad.
He asked, “Have you taken your supplements?”
I replied, “No.”
He said, “Okay then, take them..... Eh, wait a second, i’m bringing that for you.”
Then he came back, watching me with his innocent eyes; waiting for me to take them from him and eat them. After i’d taken them all, he went to bed for sleep. Instantly, my emotions had changed to that of happiness, and my mind, that was confused within its thoughts few minutes ago, relaxed.
At that night, i really understood his presence, for i was just a teenager, who really can’t measure the depths of love of him for me.


Writer:-
Shivam Jha

No comments:

Post a Comment